Saturday, October 16, 2010

Full Term Baby

As of yesterday, Friday, little Popcorn Boy was considered full-term. I had a morning appointment and was told that I was a "boring" patient. Everything looks great! Next week they start checking for effacement and all that good stuff. I'm feeling anxious and excited! All the "unimportant" stuff is ready. This weekend I would like to get the bassinet set up and the car seat bought. Last night we decided to buy the car seat new instead of going the "used" route. Thanks to those friends who gave us gift cards! I would just feel better in the long run.

Popcorn Boy is just as active as ever and continues to grow. I keep getting asked how big they estimate him to be. I don't know. The average baby is supposedly between 6-7 pounds at this point. I don't have any more ultrasounds scheduled to find out for sure, because they have no worries. I am thankful for this, of course.

Aaron's mom is scheduled to be here on the 25th to help me get last minute preparations complete. My mom will be driving in when she hears I am in labor. I'm hoping this time isn't too crazy, but most likely it will be.

My last work week is this coming week. I will be sad to leave, but will be happy to move on to my new "job" as a stay-at-home mom. In the past, I have looked forward to my last day at a job. However, I truly love what I do at the daycare and know that it will be weird on Monday the 25th to know I will not be returning. It has been, by far, my favorite job.

Well, that is it here for now. Full-Term Popcorn Boy is welcome at any time, but I know I probably still have a couple more weeks, at least.

No comments: