Monday, October 25, 2010

This Moment...

I am thankful for being pregnant with our son at this very moment. I was talking to a friend late last week and how there are so many things in life we wish away only to wish them back again later. These things could be singleness, a job, pregnancy, stages children go through, or any other "temporary" situation.

Aaron and I are both in agreement to not do pregnancy treatments after this child in order to conceive again, if we do not conceive naturally. Therefore, this may be our only child and this may be my only pregnancy. I wish I could say I have been content my whole pregnancy, but there are times where I have been uncomfortable that I have wished this child were already born and my pregnancy were over.

I was talking to a mom I worked with at the daycare who has her baby in the infant room. She told me she regretted not trying harder to breastfeed and for wishing away the sleepless nights right after her baby was born. He is now 5 months and I'm sure he isn't always pleasant, but do we ever learn to not wish moments away?

Lord, may I be thankful for every moment. It is so easy to be appreciative of the "roses in life," but we forget to be thankful for the "thorns." Without the thorns, we would not have roses. Help me to look at the roses in the midst of the thorns and to live fully in this moment. Amen.

No comments: