Friday, July 03, 2009

Visiting Family

Wednesday night after work Aaron and I left the flatlands of northern Illinois to go to the hilly state of eastern Pennsylvania. We are here visiting my sister Lesley and her family. We left around 7pm Central time Wednesday night and arrived around 9:30am Eastern time Thursday morning.

Yesterday we relaxed and rested from our long trip. Aaron ended up spending his day at Pepboys getting new tires. His on the truck were balding. We had spaghetti and salad for dinner.

Today we played a game of Settlers of Catan, walked to the market, took naps and played more Settlers. Aaron chose a cookie bar at market, while I chose mint chocolate fudge. On the way back we stopped at a really cool fountain for kids to play in. It was fun watching Michayla warm up to getting soaked in water. She was hesitant at first, but was soon running around. She never did run through it by herself though. I'm hoping to get some good pictures of her doing it again tomorrow. Unfortunately, I decided not to bring my camera. For dinner we had homeade pizza and ate out on the patio.

We are looking forward to more fun and family time tomorrow and leaving on Sunday morning to take the long drive back home.

No comments: