Erica learns another hard fact about herself today...
She cares for her own will more than for the will of God. She doesn't do this on purpose, but is human. She must continue to fall flat on her face to learn submission to God. It isn't about her! It is about Him!
Have you ever had someone say to you, "It must be God's will?" As Christians we use the phrase to comfort our brothers and sisters. In reality though, it isn't very comfortable. Aaron tried the line on me this weekend. As I thought about it and became a little bitter, my thoughts were, "why does it always have to be God's will? Why can't it be my will." Aaron also continued by pointing out the good things in the circumstance. As comforting as he was trying to be, I still wanted my will. Then today, as time has passed and the circumstance is dissolving into the past, I began thinking more reasonably.
Today a thought crossed my mind that I was wanting my will more than the direction my husband was going. Then, I began to think about rather or not my relationship with God was this way too. I discovered that I was also wanting my will above God's will and above the direction He was leading Aaron and I. God has given Aaron and I the same heart to go in the same direction, but yet my will started to be all I could see. Once again my flesh covered the eyes of God's spirit in me.
Monday, March 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's right, Erica, struggle with that Old Man!
It is a wonderful and aweful thing to realize that you are no longer Erica, the one person, but now you are one person, the Sjostrands. It is good to realize that God has given you one heart. It will be a struggle at times to mortify that old man, but I guarentee, if you give him an inch, he will take an extra mile!
Love,
Rachel
Post a Comment