Saturday, March 25, 2006

Humble thyself

Have you ever thanked God for humbling you when you did not deserve it? I did today. After I typed this in my own personal jounal in a thank you to God, I thought on that. Before, I have thanked Him for humbling me maybe, but I have never thought that being humbled was worth deserving.

Mostly I have thought being humbled was a "bad" deserve, such as I deserved to be humbled because I was so bad. After today, I realize that I do not deserve to be humbled because I am no good.

It is a good thing to be humbled. I became very haughty about something this week and due to circumstances I had an emotional meltdown regarding it earlier today. Due to the emotional meltdown I became aware of my pride and haughtiness. That awareness has humbled me beyond measure to think of myself as human again. Had I continued to be haughty it could have been dangerous to myself, my husband, a few other people, and most importantly my relationship with God. I thank God for His awesome love to humble me when I did not deserve it.

No comments: