One of the areas I realized yesterday that my self-control really needs to be applied is when Titus is completely ignoring me or coming up with excuses as to why he can't do what I ask right away. I know he has the need to feel like he is in control, but during these times I really need to figure out how to handle my frustration and how to get his attention without raising my voice.
Hmmmm, aren't I like that with God. I have the need to feel like I'm in control. To some extent He even gives us that feeling of being in control. However, He is the one that is ultimately in control of everything. He uses a small still voice. Maybe I should try that method. :)
1 Corinthians 1:17-18
"For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect. For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."
Galatians 5:11
"And I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why do I still suffer persecution? Then the offense of the cross has ceased."
Galatians 6:12-14
"As many as desire to make a good showing in the flesh, these would compel you to be circumcised, only that they may not suffer persecution for the cross of Christ. For not even those who are circumcised keep the law, but they desire to have you circumcised that they may boast in your flesh. But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."
Personal Notes
- Carrying our cross is not of the flesh. Our flesh does not want it. It is of the spirit.
- Carrying our cross makes no sense to those who are perishing.
- We who are bearing our crosses, being saved, know that it is the power of God.
- When we add to the Word or add works to the cross as our reason for being saved, we are taking away from the cross.
- When the cross is not offensive to the unbelieving, it has lost its message.
- Putting on our cross is the opposite of putting on a good show and looking good. When it becomes a show or we are using it to look good, we are no longer carrying our cross.
- We need to be about the cross of Christ, not the cross we must carry.
No comments:
Post a Comment