I guess it is about time I updated my blog with Titus' birth story. Considering his birthday was on the 10th of November, I guess this isn't an updated blog quite yet. :)
I left off on my blog with my Tuesday morning appointment to find out what the doctor wanted to do about getting "the baby" out of me. At this time we still did not have his name solidified.
I went to my Tuesday appointment and they made a hospital appointment for me to be induced that night at 5:30pm. My blood pressure was continuing to rise and the baby was still not dropping. We found out later he was also facing the wrong direction, which explains all the back pain I had been having.
We got to the hospital around 5:30pm and they inserted "I can't remember the name of it" behind my uterus to start the ripening of the cervix. Most women do not dialate, but some do, with this particular drug. I dialated almost 2 cm. They pulled this particular drug out around 7am on Wednesday the 10th. Due to having contractions all night I was on only 2 hours of sleep at this point. They decided not to do the Pitocin at this point, because my body continued to have contractions on its own. Around noon I was an emotional mess due to lack of sleep, mostly. I had them check my cervix for any more dialation. When they checked I was only at 2 cm. Basically, I hadn't dialated anymore but a 1/2 cm. I asked them to give me a drug just to take the edge off of the pain in order that I could take a nap. I don't do well on lack of sleep with anything, let alone pain. I felt like I could handle the rest if I could just get some sleep. Come to find out, Titus didn't do well with this particular drug. His heart rate kept dropping and they would come and turn me over every 20 minutes or so to keep his heartrate up. Therefore, no sleep. Around 2pm I had them insert the epidural, something I swore I would never have done. Within around 4 hours I went from being 2 cm dialated to 8 cm dialated. The next 4 hours I spent at 8 cm dialated, going no where. Titus was in the 0 position, but his head was not coming down any further. Around 10pm they decided I had enough misery and they took me in for a c-section. Titus Aaron Sjostrand was born at 11:06pm on November 10, 2010, his grandpa Sjostrands birthday. He weighed 8lbs. 2 oz. and was 20 1/2" long.
This past Monday, November 29th his weight was at 8lbs. 14 oz. and he was 22" long. He is a growing boy and speaking on that, he is crying for his next feeding so I must go. :)
Oh yeah, we had his name narrowed down and Aaron picked two different combinations of names. I mixed up the two combinations, since I was the one who had to go through the pain and that is how we finally finalized Titus' name shortly before I had the epidural put in.
Friday, December 03, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment