Friday, March 12, 2010

Week 6, Day 1

This morning Aaron and I saw little one's heart flutter. Technology is so amazing to be able to pick up the heart rate when the whole baby is the size of a grain of rice. What is even more amazing is that a life is growing inside of me. It is just so weird to think of little one getting so big. How any one can see the heart flutter and not think of it as a life is beyond me, or maybe they just ignore the truths they see? I hope to post pictures soon of the ultrasounds after I have Aaron scan them into his computer.

Right now everything still looks great. My ovaries are still a little enlarged, but she said it was normal. They will eventually reduce in size. Therefore, I am still on a restricted exercising program of just walking, which due to tiredness and sick dogs I have been slacking.

We talked to a vet yesterday about Zoey and she has Colitis. Therefore, she is on a low-fat diet of rice and meat. She has been having issues since Tuesday. Today I came home and the smell of the house led me to think she had another episode, even though she had no food in her. However, it was Jack. This is not fun and trust me when I say that no baby can make this big of a mess. I work in a daycare and I would much rather clean up after a child, even when it is not my own. This is gross, but I don't know if Jack has Colitis also or if he just had the one time incident from eating what Zoey didn't exactly digest out in the yard. I didn't really have compassion for Jack and he was quite upset when I took the hose to his bottom. It had to have been cold, but I'm tired of bathing dogs. Right now they are both lying down like they are ill, so we shall see what becomes of this.

2 comments:

Rachel Pierson said...

Dear Erica,

My sympathies with the dog doo doo. I have had to deal with some of it lately myself, and...agh! How did she even do that!

It is so exciting to hear news of your little one! It is amazing, and you are so fortunate to be able to see this so intimately, how God knits them together in your womb.

Did you find out if there is definitely just one?

I love you, and am praising God because of you and your little one; and continuing in prayer for you.

Love your baby now, and as long as God gives him to you for. Pray for him, knowing that God holds him in His hand.

Love,
Rachel

Erica said...

Yes, just one. Before I was hoping for twins in these procedures, but one will be plenty to start off with.