Yes, I am six weeks pregnant. Right now I have appointments every Friday until they can get a heart beat, since I am considered high risk. After that we have to make a decision.
1. Stay with the fertility doctors going every week.
2. Stay with the fertility doctors every other week.
3. Be transferred to a OBGYN that is closer to home.
I like the security of going to the fertility doctors I've been going to, but it is a long drive and I have to take time off of work. We're not sure yet what we are going to decide to do. We have told pretty much everybody about our news, since so many have shared in our struggle with us and have prayed for us.
From what we know right now, there is just one baby. Tomorrow we will know if another one "popped" up, since it is still early in the pregnancy. Right now my biggest prayer is that the life inside of me would continually be growing into a healthy newborn. My other big prayer is that I would not worry. Sometimes it seems unreal enough that I feel like it is going to go away. I don't like that feeling and it isn't good. I also pray that we would be seeking God throughout the pregnancy and we would be drawn closer together and lean more on God in preparation for a new little one to join our family.
For my mom and step-dad I made Zoey a t-shirt that said, "I'm the Big Sister." My mom pretended to not understand, because she didn't want to make a wrong guess and upset me. My mom is so dear to me. I love her. My step-dad wouldn't say it either, but he made indications that he understood. How funny!
I'm not showing yet of course, but here I am at 4 weeks, 3 days. I also have a first ultrasound picture. Many, many ultrasounds is one of the benefits of being considered high risk. To me it is an assurance that things are ok with each passing appointment and I always look forward to Friday to have that comfort of knowing it is all still good.
1 comment:
Thank God for this wonderful news!
Yes, look to God for confidence throughout this pregnancy and your many years of parenthood. He has sustained you thus far.
I love you, Erica, and I am so happy for you.
Love,
Rachel
Post a Comment