- I am often told stories about other women who struggled with infertility and became pregnant. The story is told in order that I might have hope that I might to become pregnant one day also just as this or that person did after a long wait.
- I have been told to have faith, which is in essence saying have hope. I hate to say it, but my infertility has no reflection upon my faith. It is only by faith that I am able to hold onto my faith in Christ despite not getting what I want. Having faith does not equal God caving in if it is not in His will for me to ever have a child.
- Many people say, "Look at Sarah, Elizabeth or one of the other women who had babies in their old age." Let me tell you, that is not encouraging and I am not any of those women in the Bible and just because they eventually got pregnant doesn't mean I will.
Monday, February 01, 2010
James MacDonald
I really enjoy my e-mails from the James MacDonald crew. Today it was labeled, "Get on the Hope Train." The website is http://www.walkintheword.com/. In the world, we are told to never give up hope. In our trials, we are told there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I will use my infertility issue as an example, just because I am familiar with it.
Labels:
Infertility
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Precisely ,amen!
I agree with you to a point. Ultimately, we are to have faith in God despite whether he gives us the desire of our heart, but God gave Sarah, for example, a promise that she would have a child and she neglected to have faith in a God who can overcome age and fulfill a promise. So if God had given you some sort of promise or encouragement that you would someday have a baby, I think you can have faith in that promise. Now hearing and discerning God's voice is another matter.
Just thought I would share my thought. Enjoyed reading yours.
Post a Comment