Thursday, September 17, 2009

Luke Chapter 1 Verses 31-33 (Cont'd)

"Son of the Highest"
-
Matthew 3:17 - "And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, 'This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.'"
-
Matthew 17:5 - "While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, 'This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!'"
-
Mark 5:6-7 - "When he saw Jesus from afar, he ran and worshipped Him. And he (demon in the possessed man) cried out with a loud voice and said, 'What have I to do with You, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God that You do not torment me.'"
-
Luke 1:35 - "And the angel answered and said to her, 'The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.'"
Journal Entry:
Aaron pointed something out to me about my blogs as of lately. He asked why I wrote about my dad on Sept. 16th, when it is something that happened this week. The answer is that I had these quiet times back on these days, but was without a computer. The journal entry/prayers are more current. As I am typing these quiet times up, I am digging a little deeper.
My dad wants to write a book to sum up the Bible with 7 points. He wants my help. There are some very major doctrine issues that we don't see eye to eye on. He has promised that if I disagree with any point as we are writing the book, I can walk away and not look back. I told him we would come to see him this coming weekend (Oct 3-4th). After thinking upon it some more, I decided it would be wise for us to both do research on the verses he wants to use for the points he wants to make. Neither one of us have all the answers. He didn't hear what I was saying and now the letter is on the way. He did call me back though and say he still wanted me to come visit and we could talk about the letter.
Lord, You know my heart and You know my dad's heart. Humble us both that we may both be more like You. Give me Your unconditional love for my father. Lord, I pray that he would submit to You. I pray for his salvation and that it would be genuine.
Lord, I also pray for Aaron and I concerning the next few months. We have decisions to make concerning health insurance, a possible move, fertility stuff, etc. Lead us on the path You have for us. Thank You for the contentness You have brought into my life and I know that all things are in Your hands. I pray for my attitude concerning my job right now. I love working in the baby room, but I still feel I was "booted" out of the toddler room for what someone else did. Give me the energy I need for these new hours. I love going in later, but working until 5:15pm wears me out. Help me to adjust my schedule to honor You, that I may be the wife Aaron needs me to be. Amen.

No comments: