Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Luke Chapter 1 Verses 21-22

Luke 1:21-22
"And the people waited for Zacharias, and marveled that he lingered so long in the temple. But when he came out, he could not speak to them; and they perceived that he had seen a vision in the temple, for he beckoned to them and remained speechless."

the people waited - The people expected Zacharias to come out to them with a word from the Lord.

marveled that he lingered so long - Zacharias must have been in the temple longer than other priests normally are in the temple.

he came out - The people were still there when he came out.

he could not speak to them - Zacharias tried speaking, but no words came out.

they perceived that he had seen a vision - Because Zacharias went in talking and came out not being able to talk, the people perceived it must have been of God.

he beckoned to them and remained speechless - Zacharias still tried to tell them something, but nothing came out of his mouth.

Journal Entry:

I had the "perfect" life this last weekend. For those of you who know me well, know that I absolutely love the outdoors. I love hiking, I love camping, I love nature. My "dream" life is to buy an RV and travel the USA. I'm hoping I will one day get to do this, if even for just a year after Aaron and I retire.

Anyway, thinking upon this makes me think of misconceptions. I so often think that "so-n-so" lives the perfect life. Oh, I know that everybody has their flaws and issues. I know that no one really has the perfect life. When I grow uncontent though, I get caught up in myself and have thoughts about, "woe is me." I just have a pity party. Pity parties are all about self, not about God what so ever. Why I have pity parties instead of looking to God, I will never understand. One would think I would much rather prefer to be content by looking to the Lord. Ugh! I get so frustrated with myself.

Lord, as I am sitting here writing this out I can't help but think of all that I am blessed with in this life You have given me. As I was on my way home from work today, I was wondering why I can't be content for life to continue as always the way it is right now. I am always looking for a change in life. I am always looking for something new. A lot of people wish change away. I am the opposite. I don't like when life sits still too long. If it weren't for my God-given brain I would continually be floating about like a butterfly always making my own changes in life. Lord, help me to be content, even if life were to stay exactly like this for the next 20 years. It sounds like a bad nightmare to me right now, but make that change in my heart. Help me to not be continually wishing life away, but to find myself being joyful in the "now." I love that You are so consistant with me and are not through with me yet. Amen.

No comments: