
Rating: A+
The reason I gave this book an A+ is because there was so much to learn from it. I used a green highlighter and marked it up good. I will list five lessons I learned and will hopefully continue to remember them in my life.
The number one lesson I realized through this book is that after marriage, I assumed God's plan for Aaron and I was to have children as most couples do. God apparently has something different in mind for us. What is that? That is what I now need to seek God about for today.
The second lesson I learned is that I need to be more than just content in life, I need to be joyful with where God has me right now in life. I need to stop dreaming about the future and what it might hold. I need to stop looking to the past. I need to focus on today and what joy today holds.
The third lesson I learned is that there will always be opportunities to be uncontent. After one child, will I be uncontent for a second? Will I be uncontent for a bigger house? Will I be uncontent about any number of other zillions of things? Before marriage I struggled with uncontentness about not being married. The opportunities for uncontentness are everywhere. I want to choose to look to Christ rather than the opportunities for uncontentness.
The fourth lesson I learned is that I need to spend less time planning my life out and more time seeking God's will out. How many times do I need to be reminded of this?
The fifth and final lesson I learned, "to seek after one thing, and one thing only, and that is to dwell in His presence, because only there can we experience the fullness of joy." (Joyce Meyer, Be Anxious for Nothing)
No comments:
Post a Comment