Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Luke Study Chapter 1 Verses 5-7

Luke 1:5-7
"There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abijah. His wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth. And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless. But they had no child, because Elizabeth was barren, and they were both well advanced in years."

Herod - Herod the Great was king not only of Judea, but of all Palestine from 37 to 4 B.C. (Bible Note)

division of Abijah - identifies Zacharias as a member of one of 24 groups of priests that took turns ministering at the Jerusalem temple (Bible Note)

righteous before God - they were in right standing with God

blameless - they walked in ALL commandments and All ordinances of the Lord and were found blameless

they had no child - something was missing in their lives

Elizabeth was barren - she could not get pregnant

well advanced in years - at this point I'm sure Elizabeth thought she was past child bearing age, was done trying, and had possibly accepted it as God's answer forever

Journal Entry:

Yesterday I had my pregnancy test at the doctor's office, and as you might have guessed, I failed. Tomorrow the process of insemination begins all over again. The inside of my arms get pricked again. I feel like a lab rat. I've been driving around an hour to and from the doctor's appointments once a week, this week twice. I usually just get blood work and before the inseminations I have ultrasounds. Tomorrow I get both. I get pricked on both arms everytime, because either they can't "catch" my vein or my vein doesn't squirt enough blood. Sorry if that grossed you out. I've been grossed out a few times myself, once having had to walk out of the office to get my breath between arms. However, I was proud of myself at yesterday's visit. I accidently saw my blood in the tube (the one that wouldn't squirt) and I didn't get queazy. I must be getting use to it. Anyway....

Thank You Lord for being with me today. I pray that I too would be righteous before You. I pray that I would walk blameless before You. Forgive me for where I lack. I know that righteousness and blamelessness are something to strive for and have nothing to do with who You bless with a child. May I not have guilt, which is something I struggled with when we first started dealing with infertility. My past sins have not kept me from getting pregnant. Teach me to stand on Your truth and not Satan's lies. I love You, Lord. Amen.

No comments: