Saturday, June 14, 2008

Unlimited Performance

I finished the 5k and did way better than I ever thought I would. I finished in 35:31 or 35:32 or 35:33. I find out the official time on Monday. I probably ended up walking around 7 minutes of it, which is very awesome!!! A couple years ago, October 2006, I ran a 5k and did hardly any walking. However, I had to take around 3 stopping breaks to toss my bagel. I didn't really know what to eat before my race today, because I didn't want a repeat of the last 5k. I decided on a banana. In the bag I received before the race there were a few candies and stuff. I ate half a Baby Ruth and a half of a Butterfinger crispy bar. I gave the other halves to Aaron. I figured if sugar is what I need to take to all my doctor appts, then it should help with my races too. It must have worked. I only had a small side stitch on my left side and other than that I felt great.

Mile One: 11:20 minutes
Mile Two: 11:22 minutes
Mile Three.one: 13:29 minutes

Total:
Unlimited Performance 5k
3.1 miles
35 minutes, 31 seconds
11:27 min/mile

For pictures go to my Running Blog. The link is to the left side.

No comments: