Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I AM

Lately, I have been reminded of the times of dancing and praise I had when I lived by myself in my little one bedroom apartment. Why did I ever stop having those special times with the Lord? My favorite CD to dance to was Darrell Evans, "You Are I Am."

As most of you may know, I walk/run on a regular basis. Recently, I have been wanting to take up some cross-training. However, I have no interest in bench pressing, nor workout videos. They just do not motivate me to work out. I have thought about buying new rollerblades and taking up rollerblading again. I have been thinking though, "Wouldn't praising and dancing before the Lord be an awesome cross-training?"

I just finished listening to the song, "You Are I Am," by Darrell Evans. The chorus:

You are I Am and there is no other
You are my passion, my vision, my color
You are I AM, my everything
You are I AM, You are I AM

God is I AM. What does that mean? He is everything we need and everywhere He needs to be.

John 8:58
Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."

Some Jews were questioning Christ and His words about death. The Jews were thinking of a physical death and Christ was speaking of a spiritual death. Abraham is dead and are You greater than he?

What I love about Christ is that He did not say, "I WAS." Even in the past He was, "I AM." The phrase, "I AM," encompasses everything a loving God was then, is now and always will be.

No comments: