I have decided to do a study on the attributes of Christ. These posting will be random, as are all my postings. :)
WORTHY
There is an issue in my life that has been revealed. Often times I am discouraged by my sin. During those times of discouragement I cease my worship of God. One Sunday morning, a few weeks back, I was going through one of these times. During worship I was thinking of myself. My eyes were not on Christ. I felt challenged by the question - "Am I not worthy of your praise, despite your sin?" My heart was broken once again.
Matthew 10:38-39
"And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it."
At first glimpse I was thinking, "What does this verse have to do with the worthiness of Christ?" After all, it speaks about us being worthy of Christ. My next question, "Can we ever really be worthy of Christ?"
My thoughts:
I will never be worthy of Him, in and of myself. As a Christian seeking after Him, I have been made worthy of Him, by Christ alone. Continuing on in verse 39, "He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it." In taking up our cross (our burdens, our losses, our disappointments, our sins), our life will be found and Christ will be found worthy by us.
Christ is worthy! He is worthy even if we are blind at times to this. We can only see His worthiness by picking up what hinders us and moving on in Him.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is great. I had started something back in Sept. where i listed Chris't attributes as I read through the scripture each day. ALso attributes of God and the Holy Spirit. There are a LOT! I look forward to reading more of what you learn. It's a true encouragment to me!
Hugs, Kim
Post a Comment