Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Thankful Wednesdays

Aaron went this last Monday to give blood. I gave blood once. I ended up throwing up three times and having restrictions put against me not to drive. When the topic comes up of giving blood, I often think of how many thousands of people need blood. I think of it in a different way than most though. I think of all the throwing up, fainting, and other things that come with sicknesses that often lead to death. I think of giving blood again, to honor those who suffer with such illnesses. It was a very unpleasant experience giving blood, but is it not also an unpleasant experience for those who need the blood? There are those who need the blood due to tragic accidents. Many of these people end up in wheelchairs or bedridden. These also are not pleasant experiences. Maybe one day I will get the nerve again to donate blood.

I am thankful for my health. It is a hard thing to be thankful for right now, knowing that so many people suffer from different illnesses. I am especially thinking right now of Dewayne, Aaron's dad, with Parkinsons. I am also thinking of Aaron's sister who is going through all kinds of testings and proddings for her thyroid. It is hard to be thankful when there are those who are suffering, but yet I am thankful for my health.

No comments: