It has been awhile since I have actually written an update on my blog about Aaron and me. Lately we have been doing way too much traveling. It has been good, but I never thought I would come to a point of being tired of traveling.
It all started when I went on a girls trip to Gatlinburg, TN back at the end of September.
The following weekend we went camping with our small group.
The weekend after that we drove to Bloomington, IN.
My grandparent Gaithers came down the following weekend.
We then proceeded to visit my friend Nikki and family down in Evansville, IN the following weekend.
Surprisingly, we had this last weekend off.
This weekend we are going to South Dakota for a wedding.
We have two other planned trips for this year.
We have decided not to travel for Thanksgiving, but to stay here and go to a friend's house. Due to Aaron having to possibly work, we are planning on even staying put for Christmas. This summer we have also went to North Dakota for a week. My parents came for a visit. We also drove down to Bloomington for a wedding back in July. One weekend back in June our awesome friends Steve and Melinda came for a visit. If you want to go as far back as May, I walked the Mini-Marathon.
The biggest news in our life currently is Aaron's dad retiring. With Dewayne's Parkison's we are praying for a smooth transition. He basically went to put in for retirement to also get disability. In order to get disability, he had to have a doctor's appointment. He got his test results back this Monday and the doctor said he needed to retire immediately. He handed in his paperwork Tuesday, still hoping to at least finish out the week, but they sent him home around lunch time and is officially now retired. I know there are things he is looking forward to, but at the same time there will be that void. He was also told he shouldn't be driving. All of this has been hard on our hearts, reminding us that Dewayne and ourselves are but dust. Even though we do have a better place to go, there is still a part of the heart that is attached to this place called Earth.
Well, I guess that is it for now. I took Jack to Petco tonight to keep him from barking at all the trick-o-treaters. He was driving me crazy! I thought it was common knowledge to only knock at houses with outside lights on. Apparently not. Afterward, Aaron and I went on a dessert date to Applebee's and shared a Blondie. Yum!
It will be weird to stay at home for Christmas, but it might be nice too. I will actually decorate my house if we are staying here for the holiday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the update Erica! I didn't know Aaron's dad retired. Sad for the situation, but I am sure he is happy for the new season of life. I think it will be good for the whole family!
Post a Comment