We came back home Sunday from North Dakota. We had some good times. Tuesday we spent the day around the Medora area, mostly in Medora http://www.medora.com/. We drove through the Theodore Roosevelt National Park and saw wild horses, buffalo, prairie dogs, and Elk. I have lots of pictures I will share at a later time. At 8:30pm was the musical and we were in the second row. I thought it would be too close, but it was excellent seating.
Wednesday we relaxed and took it easy. Thursday I helped Aaron's mom pull weeds and then around 3pm Cousin Karin came to stay with his parents for a week. I'm glad our visiting times purposely collided. Friday morning Dad Dewayne set us up for a tour at a coal mining plant, so we got to see up close and personal mining of the coal. It was facinating. Wednesday night we all went to Harmony Lake. Harmony Lake was once an area that was being mined and when they returned it to its natural habitat, they built a lake and connected it to the Missouri River. We let the dogs swim and I got into a predicament.
I took off running with Jack and Missy , Sjostrand Parent's dog, took off with us. She is a Beagle and when a Beagle sees a rabbit, they don't think of anything else. Luckily she was overweight and not quite as fit as she should be. I chased after this dog up a sharp incline. My fear was that she was going to get over this hill and we weren't going to have any idea where she went. After I followed her up the hill she started a little bit around the hill. I had yelled her name a hundred times, but when I finally caught up to her she gave me a look of amazement that I was there. Her mind was 100% on that rabbit. I spanked her bottom and sent her back down. Aaron came up to get me and on my way back down I sprained my ankle. It is almost back to 100% now. It is kinda funny as I look back.
Saturday we built his mom a pond in her flower garden. I have fun pictures of it too that I will share later. I love Aaron's family and in all actuality it is my family too.
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment