Monday, July 30, 2007

The Beginning of our Summer Trip

On Friday I was able to get off work at noon. I went home, finished my packing and took a nap while I waited for Aaron to get home. He got off later than he was hoping. He arrived at home a little after 1pm, finished packing, and we headed out the door around 2:15pm. We had a good drive up to Aaron's Aunt Lynette's new place. We were detoured at one point because of a miscommunication. Aaron was reading. I was driving. We were on 94 and Aaron told me to stop over in Tomah. I forgot what road I was on and didn't think to ask Aaron which way to go. I just saw a sign for Tomah/90 and took the split. We never saw a food/gas exit, so we stopped over in the next town. Aaron took over driving & about an hour out Aaron realizes my mistake. Needless to say, we arrived an hour and a half later than we should have. So, we arrived around midnight. Grandma let us in, we talked for a little bit, got Jack settled and went to bed.

I woke up Saturday morning around 5:30 and tried go back to sleep, but I couldn't. I heard Jack yelping, so I took him on around a 2 mile walk/run through the neighborhood. The neighborhood still had farm yards around it and it looked like a housing addition plopped in the middle of a field. It was a beautiful neighborhood with trees and lots of beautiful houses. When I got back Aaron was awake, so we decided to take a morning swim in Lynette's pool. We ate breakfast, took showers and hung out for a little bit before we left.

We drove over to visit Aaron's Uncle Dick and Aunt Debbie. This is the first we have seen her since she was diagnosed with cancer. She had just had Chemo the day before. She looked good, but tired. It was good talking with them. Afterward, we headed out to the cabin. We took the Pontoon Boat out on the water with Aunt Lynette, Chris and his wife, and Heather and her baby. We got out of the boat for awhile and swam. It felt so nice. I only got bit by one fish on my bottom. We took the boat back in and ate dinner. After that everyone, except for Aunt Lynette, was totally wiped of all energy.

Sunday morning we woke up. I went on around a 3 mile walk with Jack up to the main road and back, taking a side detour down a street I had never noticed before. Afterward, I ate breakfast. Aaron played a game of Cribbage with Aunt Lynette, which is tradition. It is a game I don't care for, but Aaron just loves it. Afterward we took the Pontoon boat out again. I didn't swim this time. Only Aaron and Heather's husband swam this time. Aunt Lynette and I waded our feet. Chris' wife was out visiting her mom and so she did not come out with us this time. We arrived back at the cabin a little after 1pm in time for a late lunch. After lunch Aaron and I finished packing up and said our good-byes.

We arrived at Aaron's parents around 7:30pm last night. We ate dinner and talked doing a little catching up before heading to bed. I woke up this morning and worked on a quilt. Everyone else slowly started joining me. We just fended for ourselves and ate cereal. As I was writing the beginning of this blog, Aaron's mom called me upstairs. She reads a Daily Devotion every morning and shared it with us. Aaron's dad pitched in and told us again that in this life we should not focus on our condition, for it is temperary. We need to focus on our position with Christ, for it is unchanging and unwavering. Aaron's dad has Parkinson's and so the words speak louder with him telling them. At the same time I agree and delight in the fact, another part of me grows sad thinking of Dewayne and what he goes through. He makes the best father-in-law ever and once again he reminded me that I was a daughter of The King. I am not a daughter of a king, but of The One and Only Kings of all Kings.

1 comment:

Kim said...

That was some "fresh" fish biting you where he did!

Aaron's dad sounds awesome. What a blessing!

Hugs, Kim
p.s. we miss you guys here in B'ton