Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend of Pleasant Surprises!

Yesterday Aaron and I returned from Indy/Bloomington. We went to one of Aaron's friend's wedding. The plan was to arrive Friday night, go to the wedding on Saturday, after the wedding pick up some shoes for Aaron at the Bloomington mall, drive back to Indy, Aaron go to Harry Potter while I hung out with girlfriends at "our" Starbucks, Sunday to play a game of Settlers of Catan with my parents, and then go to my friend Robin's new house for lunch before leaving to go back home. All of this happened with a few extra surprises:

1. As we were driving from the wedding to the mall on Saturday, our good friends Steve & Melinda were headed out to dinner and drove up right beside us in our car. After a short conversation while driving and holding up traffic, they decided to follow us. Melinda and I went to the pet store, while Steve and Aaron went shoe shopping. It couldn't have been better planned had we planned it ourselves.

2. My friend Nikki from Evansville, IN just happened to be up in Indy for her mom's wedding reception. She found out from my mom that I was also going to be in town. We planned it to where Nikki went to lunch with us at Robin's on Sunday. It was so awesome to see her! I was hoping to see her at least one more time before Brayden was born. I really wanted a picture of the three of us, but I forgot when the time came. :( I am planning a trip to Evansville in September after the babe is born.

3. This surprise was all planned & it wasn't for me. It was for my good friend Julia. Katrina and I have been talking back and forth about my being in town this weekend. The plan was for Katrina to get Julia to Starbucks on Saturday night after Julia got off work. Julia had no idea I was even in town. She just returned from Poland, so Katrina said she just "had to see her." It was the truth, since Katrina and Julia are such good friends and Julia is one to truly miss. They arrive at Starbucks and I arrive a little late, which is becoming a very horrible, bad habit. I was only going to be around 10 minutes late, but then I had no idea the Black Expo was going on, so downtown was a little over jam-packed. Anyway, I arrived and parked to where I wouldn't be noticeable. Katrina had Julia positioned so as not to see me pull up. I walk up right behind Julia as Katrina says, "I don't know of anything else going on." I get right behind Julia and say, "I can think of something." The look on Julia's face was priceless as she whipped her head around. As we hugged I was so excited my knees were shaking. The last time my legs shook like that was when I gave speeches in high school English. However, this was out of excitement, not nervousness.

It was good to be back to where homes use to be and be among family and friends again. I had an awesome weekend!

No comments: