I've been feeling like this a lot lately. Why can't I ever seem to be content? Last night I was talking to Aaron & telling him about my uncontentness (not that he didn't already know about it). His advice was, "Just be content with where life has you right now." My reply was, "I'm tired of telling myself lies in order to content." It seems I tell myself one thing (lie or not) and it holds me in there for about a week & then "BAM" the uncontentness hits hard again. As of lately, I have told myself nothing, no lies and no truths. I'm tired of fighting. I'm tired of arguing with myself. Everytime I think about it I want to cry, which as I'm writing this I am on the verge. Then, this morning I realize, "Satan wants me to be uncontent." I'm not sure how to handle this right now, because I truly am tired of getting back up. I'm not sure how much I can handle. I know when we feel we can't handle it, it is when we aren't letting God handle it. I'm to a point though where I'm tired of giving it back to God. I know it won't be long before I take it back again. One would think I would learn, but I don't. I'm tired of my heart breaking, after giving it to God, I get upset when He doesn't give into my whims. I then seem to take it back again, instead of keeping it where it belongs. Is it truly trusting Christ when I don't continue to let Him have these burdens, regardless of what He does with my desires?
I can't be certain of anything right now, except that Satan is against me and Christ is for me. Satan desires for me to be uncontent. Christ desires that I might be content in every area of life & every stage of life.
Thursday, April 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Right there with ya!
Hang in there!
Love ya,
Robin
Post a Comment