Psalm 1:2
"But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night."
What does it mean to delight in the law of the Lord?
Delight (Strong's) - 2656 chephets - to be pleased with, desire, purpose, willingly, acceptable, delight, matter
Delight (www.dictionary.com) - to take pleasure in, to find joy in, rapture, satisfaction
Although I fight the law of the Lord at times in my life, other times I rejoice because of it. Many say there are too many rules within the Lord's law. But, I tell you there is great freedom. They are given to us for protection. Rules are given to children such as, "Don't cross the street without looking both ways," "Don't touch the stove," and even rules such as, "Don't argue with your siblings." The first two are obvious, but what about the third? We want our children to get along peacefully, seeing as that when they grow older they will have a good loving relationship. The Lord's law gives us the freedom to live joyfully & without heartaches.
When we delight in something, it is all we can think about. When we truly realize the liberating power of the Lord's laws, we will naturally meditate on them day and night.
Joshua 1:8-9
"This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
In times of a rebelling heart, Lord God, turn my heart toward delighting in Your law. I follow Your law to the best of my ability because I desire to. My best is all that I have, which is nothing compared to You. I thank You for Your love and praise You for continuing to seek after my heart, mind & spirit. You desire me in totality. May I be captured in heart, mind & spirit into knowing You more. I pray for my job at the daycare & that as You have given me a chance to reach young lives, that Your words would come from my mouth. You know the two situations where I have spoken words that the world would give these little ones. Forgive me & use even these mistakes for Your glory. Teach me to be one who does not soothe the conscience of these little ones, but one who speaks truth into their lives knowing that even the small things can make a difference for their future. Amen.
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment