Another rant:
God isn't a genie that says, "Poof, what do you want?"
He isn't someone who gives the crying child the toy to give it the immediate gratification.
God will never just shut you up by giving you something that may harm you in the long run.
He loves us too much to bribe us into trusting Him in order for us to receive something we desire.
God is after the eternal things of life. He doesn't just shut us up to give us short term happiness. Instead, He shows us the way to contentness no matter what state we are in. He doesn't give us anything for the immediate gratification, unless it is to teach us that nothing can satisfy us eternally like trusting Him even with the small every day issues. He doesn't want a conditional relationship with us. This is why He never says, "Trust & Poof you get exactly what you want." Instead, He gives us a promise that if we delight ourselves in Him He will give us the desires of our heart (Psalm 37:4). As we learn to delight in Him, our hearts change into what His heart desires. Then, He gives us the desires of our hearts (which also happens to be His desire) which won't harm our eternal destiny with Him. I'm glad He doesn't give into my tantrums & whinings in the long run. In all honesty, I desire the eternal things of life also no matter how hard it may be at times to hang in there and trust Him who has only shown Himself to be trustable.
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Amen! I wouldn't be as wise as I am right now if he said "Poof" every time to me. And the thing is, I will always be learning from direction.
It is a great thing he doesn't just say "poof!" Where would really be if he did? Love you!
Amen sister! I totally agree and am right there with ya, learning to trust Him more and more each day and realizing that His plan is not always what I would want right now, but He knows all and sees all and knows what is best for forever.
Love ya!!
Post a Comment