A true man of ministy is grateful, humble, faithful, authentic, authoratative & accurate.
The second part of the study was over true men of ministry being authentic, authoratative & accurate. (Oct. 1st)
Titus 1:1 "Paul, a bondservant of God & an apostle of Jesus Christ"
1. Looking for an authentic man of ministry...
- Chosen by Christ
- Paul...an apostle... (1:1)
A. Chosen - credibility (Rom. 1:1)
- an apostle - one who is sent - ambassador - set apart & commissioned to represent
- Acts 9 - Saul becomes Paul & given credibility through Annanais
- Paul was chosen just as disciples were
B. Witness - witness of Christ deletes out all other people who claim to be an apostle
- Paul saw resurrection on road to Damascus (Acts 3:15, Acts 10, Acts 26, I Cor. 15:4-10)
- Closer to the source the more accurate the account
- Apostles heard directly from Christ
C. Wonders (Power of Christ) (Matt 10:1-2, II Cor. 12)
D. Demonstration of Works (Fruit) (I Cor. 9:1-2) - work of Christ in life
2. Looking for an authoratative man of ministry...
- Commissioned - God-given (Acts 22:14-15, Gal. 1)
A. Divine Authority
B. Derived Authority (I Cor. 9:16) - only by authority of Christ & Word of God
C. Declared Authority (I Cor. 5) - church discipline
- no fear
- with boldness (I Cor. 14:37-38)
- if not consistant with Word of God, then not a man of God
3. Looking for an accurate man of ministry...
- Jeremiah 16:20-21
- Use discernment - must be consistant with Christ - even with TV, radio & bookstore evangelism
A. Preeminence - in life of Christ
- He is our priority
- He is our life
B. Proclamation of Christ - in walk of Christ
- I Peter 1:9
There are no levels of Christians. You don't just accept Him as your Saviour, but as Christ of your life.
There are no apostles today. Authority is in the Word of God, instead of being witness of resurrection personally which relied upon 12 disciples.
No comments:
Post a Comment