I talked to my dad yesterday morning and it seems they want to keep him an extra week. I take it the rehab isn't going as well as they had hoped. When they release him he will still be going to rehab 2x a week.
Aaron and I went and visited my dad on Friday. His and my major concern is his depression. He has no real friends. He does have family close by which is good. In talking to him, his eating habits won't change and he will continue smoking. Outside of working, all he does is go dancing on the weekends. With the loss of his right leg (they are giving 50 percent chance of recovery), he may lose his job and will no longer be able to go dancing. He will qualify for partial social security in November, but if he can claim disability he can qualify for full social security.
I did not talk with him about the three things posted before. The time did not seem right. I pray through this stripping in his life, Christ would be revealed.
I've been thinking about looking into getting him a roommate, but I haven't been trying too hard. It would be good for him, but I have my doubts about it working out. Aaron's mom referred me to Senior Companions, so if my dad gets onto social security I will look into it.
Friday, September 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Erica,
I am sorry that I didn't read your post earlier.
This is the hard thing, but I think that you know it: These things never, never come up in conversation naturally. (I say this from a guilty heart, from experience.) When we know that we are called by God to speak His truth to someone, we need to be pursposeful in speaking. We will stumble over our words and our speech will be faulty, but what He whispers in our ear, we must shout from the rooftops. Read Ezekiel 3-4 and chapter 33.
I know that I have failed in this area so many times, that I don't want to hear, "peace, peace" because there is none. I need to hear, "Rachel, if God tells you to get out of your car and speak to that person, whoa to you if you don't. If He tells you to speak, He will give you words, and be responsible for the result."
Speak, Erica, for the time is short.
Rachel
Post a Comment