Thursday, May 25, 2006

How to walk according to the Spirit

How do we walk according to the Spirit?

Galatians 5:16 "I say then: Walk in the Spirit and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh."

Galatians 5 goes on to say in verses 22-26: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another."

It seems these are characteristics of the past. However, they are to be alive today. When was the last time you showed hate toward someone? I ask it that way, because we are to be consistantly walking in love. I could have easily asked, when was the last time you loved someone. The last time I hated someone through my actions was just about 2 hours ago. I did it more than once today. Therefore I am not walking in love, not walking in the Spirit.

By not showing love, I also showed unkindness, not being good, unfaithfulness, not being gentle and showing no self-control. It is weird how many sins we commit with just one action. I also believe that the sin of bad mouthing others, such as I did today is just as bad as murder. God did not label sin. He just said that we all fall short. If you aren't perfect, then you fall short. Therefore, not walking in the Spirit.

Father, forgive me for my unfaithfulness, for not showing love, and all the other sins I commited today. I do not deserve Your love. Thank You for being who You are and the forgiveness You have shown to me!

No comments: