Aaron got back tonight from Costa Rica. I love that man! Hence, why I married him. :) It is hard to believe we celebrate our first year tomorrow. Time has flown! As I look back over this past year I would have to say I have loved it. I have heard some people say the first year is a hard one. I really wouldn't consider it hard. I would have to say I love him more today than I did on our wedding day. Much has happened to draw us closer. I realize more and more that he is on my side and even more importantly on our side. Of course, I might adapt easier because I've been adapting my whole life to family circumstances changing. But, that is another story.
For our anniversary we were going to go to the Children's Museum (our third date was there) and then Rock Bottom for dinner (my favorite restaurant). However, we learned of the this event called the NCAA tournament and we decided "NO WAY." So, what are we doing you ask? We are going to Nashville, IN with a picnic lunch and then a restaurant here in town I haven't been to. I am looking forward to it.
Romans 3:28
"Therefore, we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law."
Our sins are pardoned by faith. It doesn't say the law is not important, but states that the law (works) doesn't save us.
I have a had a few thoughts about the Romans 3:21-24 verses since writing on them. On the last part I looked up the word justify because that part of the verses didn't make too much sense to me. After writing what I wrote I began to wonder if I was writing what I was taught, what I wanted it to say, or if that is what the verse was really saying.
My questioning became because if you read just the last part of the verse it reads, "For there is no difference; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus."
To me the begining meant that there was no difference between sinner or no sinner. We all fall short. This is true. However, then it states being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. It almost makes it sound as if there is no difference between sinner and Christian. We are both saved by grace.
Wait a minute! I think I just hit on something. We are both saved by grace. Of course, all a Christian is, is a justified sinner. We are still sinners, except that ours sins are pardoned. Wow! I think I have just a had a revelation. The only difference between me and the guy/gal at work is that my sins have been pardoned. Once again, I find out it isn't about me, but all about God!
Friday, March 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Erica,
Yes, good post. I am so glad you find joy in your marriage.
About the difference between us and the world...I am not sure why we forget so easily where we come from. That is why, though, I think the Holy Spirit put reminders in the Bible so often. The nation of Israel is a good reminder to us, but we more often think, "What a batch of fools!"
I cannot right now find the one that I am thinking of, but the following passage says clearly that we once were... and now we are... There is another that says we were DEAD in our sins and were made alive in Christ. So when we are talking to the world, we are talking to our former selves, so to speak; our former comrads.
Love,
Rachel
Col. 3:5&7
5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature... 7 You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived.
Post a Comment