CROSS (Strong's Concordance)
Matthew 10:38
"And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me."
Matthew 16:24
"Then Jesus said to His disciples, 'If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.'"
Matthew 27:40-42
"and saying, 'You who destroy the temple and build it in three days, save Yourself! If You are the Son of God, come down from the cross.'
Likewise, the chief priests also, mocking with the scribes and elders, said, 'He saved others; Himself He cannot save. If He is the King of Israel, let Him now come down from the cross, and we will believe Him.'"
Personal Notes
- If we don't take up our cross....If I don't use self-control with my words and actions, I am not worthy of Him.
- We must deny....I must deny self. Acting out is usually my selfishness and lack of desire to serve others.
- He led the way....I must follow. Jesus showed self-control.
- Others may test us....I need to not let others make me take down my cross. I choose my reaction.
Amendment to Personal Notes #1
I am not worthy of Him and never will be worthy of the salvation He has so freely given through the cross. It is only by leaning on Him that I can learn self-control in my words and actions.
No comments:
Post a Comment