Happy Baby -
You, little one, get so many compliments about being the happiest baby ever. You smile at anyone who looks in your direction. You also laugh now. We can now play baby games with you, with which you delight in. We went to North Dakota a couple weeks ago and you met so many aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, etc. You smiled at them all. Great-grandma Marie called you a "bag of happy." Everyone just soaked up your smiles and I thought for sure you might run out of them. You just kept smiling even when you were tired and would normally be cranky. Mommy made sure you had your naps, but other than that you had no down time. Everyone wanted their Titus time knowing that you would only be with them for a short time and would grow up so fast when you were away from their presence.
We came back from North Dakota and all of a sudden you could grasp toys. You are now reaching for things and putting things in your mouth. I have started giving you teethers and you love them. You have started pulling toys off of your "gym" and sucking on them. Daddy and Mommy have to be careful now with what they put in your reach. I went to check on you during a time when you should have been sleeping to find you had pulled your pajamas from the side of the crib onto your face. You are doing half-rolls now from back to stomach which help you to get things just slightly out of reach. I am waiting for the day when I hear you complaining because you rolled onto your stomach and didn't want to be there. I really need to put you on your tummy more often, especially since you can hold your head up for longer periods of time now and have reduced your number of face plants.
Sleeping through the night is still not happening. We started you on rice cereal to try and help you. You normally wake up around 4am wanting to be fed. I am now letting you cry it out until at least 5am. I figure my goal is 6am and so I am meeting you halfway. I know this will not be going on forever, but I know the time has come and you can do it. I hate having to do it, but it has become necessary for both of us.
You now have a friend that visits 5 days a week. Mark is two months younger. It is amazing to look at Mark and know that you were once where he is developmentally. So much changes, so quick. After reading through your Three Months letter, I need to also note that you no longer suck on your hands. You have found your first two fingers. I now realize some of your earlier frustration in life was getting your thumb out of the way and your two fingers out. Mommy sucked the same two fingers when she was little. Could it be hereditary? I'm not sure.
At your four month appointment you weighed 16 lbs. 4 ounces. They measured you at 25 1/2 inches. You are now in the 75th percentile. You are a big boy. You doubled your birth weight in four months.
We love you so much and love to see your continual growth.
Love,
Mom
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment