Sunday, May 23, 2010

Daycare Children

One by one, I've slowly been telling the toddlers in my toddler room about the, "Baby in my belly." Here are the three responses I have received thus far:

  1. J.L. - "I want to see it." I explained to her that the baby can't be seen right now, but I would bring the baby to see her in November. The next day she told my boss, "I saw the baby."
  2. B.A. - "Open it."
  3. C.L. - "Baby," and then she put her hand on my stomach. This one would have been worth a picture.
I love working afternoons for the most part at the daycare. This is the time of day when the children are in their best moods, being right after nap. It is so much easier than the mornings when they are breaking down emotionally due to exhaustion of doing so many activities with them. Although, having worked afternoons before I know that the morning time is the best time for relationship building with them. That part I sort of miss.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

"Open it" made me laugh out loud. I was teaching at our church's Christian school when I was pregnant with Noah and I got some really funny comments too. Are you going to stay at home with baby after he/she is born?

Erica said...

Hey Lauren -

Yes, I will be a stay-at-home mom. Aaron and I are in the process of trying to come up with a "side" job for me. We are looking into selling things on E-bay, but we will see.

Erica