I had my 16 week doctor's appt. and it went good. It was the normal doctor's visit where you show up at 9:30am and you finally get to see the doctor at 10:15am, and then you are out of there at 10:30am. I don't get it. If I don't get to see the doctor until 45 minutes after I arrive, why schedule me for 9:30am. I need to remember to bring a book next time.
Everything was normal with me and the baby. The babies heart rate was 150 beats/minute, which it has been consistently. It was the same at my last appointment. I did find out that I am RH negative. When the doctor explained what that meant I was worried, but then I talked to my wonderful sister who explained it in more detail. It is very common. Basically, Aaron's blood type is negative and mine is positive. Therefore, if the baby were to have Aaron's blood type and I bled, my blood would attack the babies blood. The cure is to have a shot at the 28th week and then again after the baby is born. During the 28th week it is to protect the baby. After the baby is born I get the shot again to protect any other child in the future that we may conceive. If I were to bleed at anytime during my pregnancy, then I would have to call into my doctor and have the shot immediately. As you can probably see, this is quite common. It isn't like we pick our spouses for their blood type. :)
I got all the above information from my sister. The only information the doctor told me when I asked her what RH negative meant was that I would get a shot at 28 weeks and after the baby was born. Then, she asked me if I been bleeding at all. She did say my blood would attack the babies blood, but didn't go into how that would happen. I felt it was minimal information given. However, I'm also pregnant and hormonal. :) Just ask Aaron!
My next appointment is in 4 weeks. Oh yeah, I almost forgot! I asked the doctor about my getting up in the middle of the night 2-3 times. She said to eat more protein when I get up and it should curb the throwing up in the morning. I was up around midnight, which was 3 hours ago. I ate butter beans, cheese and a yogurt. I normally have oatmeal, bread or crackers. I went back to bed still feeling like I was starving, but tried to sleep with it anyway. I finally fell asleep around 1:30am. At 2am Aaron had a nightmare that the alarm clock went off and he had missed it. He jumped up and towered over me to look at the alarm clock. Therefore, I woke up and ate a bowl of cereal and am up still at 3am. I would so much rather throw up in the morning then sleep on an empty stomach and I think that is my final conclusion.
God has shown his love though. My work hours have changed, so I don't have to be to work until 12:45pm now. It is great timing to be dealing with all my tiredness and morning sickness. Plus, Zoey gets the benefit of more walks, since I'm not wore out when I get home.
P.S. I know it took me 4 years to get pregnant and I shouldn't be complaining. I am super excited about the baby, but had no idea that pregnancy was so uncomfortable. Plus, a part of journaling is telling what is going on. In my heart, I have no doubts about all these ailments being worth the end product. I know that I would choose to go through this again for such a blessing.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment