Sunday, April 04, 2010

8 Weeks, 1 Day

I posted this picture to Facebook, but am just now posting it to my blog. Reading this ultrasound is tricky. The head is to the top left. The little circle in the head is the baby's brain developing. The body is down toward the right. I guess at this stage, babies are basically all head. The tail you see is actually the umbilical cord forming.


This poor baby is now referred to as Garfield. Ask Aaron, I have no clue. I wanted to call it beany or alien, but he didn't like either of those. Don't worry! The baby will not have the name Garfield anywhere in it's name once it is born. If it is a girl, she will just have to take it up with her father.

I did not take a 8 week picture of myself. I am not really showing, unless you want to call all the fat that has moved to the front of my body "showing." I have nausea off and on, but have only gotten sick once thus far. I have other pregnancy symptoms, but in case any guys read this blog I will spare them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonderful! We called our first Bubba before she was born. It didn't stick after birth. I like Garfield, didn't we have a president with that name?

Nice picture. I'm glad to hear that everything is going well.