The best part of my birthday was my sister and nephew flying in for my half-marathon. I picked them up at the airport around 7am in Chicago. I took Lesley out to breakfast at the one and only small town restaurant in our town. We went back to my house so I could pack and we could rest a little. We then drove down to meet my parents in Champaign at the Drury Inn after picking up my half-marathon packet on campus.
I'm not sure what happened with the cookie, but my running partner brought it to me at the hotel on Friday night for my birthday. It read, "13 going on 30." (13 miles, going on 30 years) We had talked about getting matching shirts with this on it for the race, so the cookie was extra special. Thanks Heidi!!!
After the Half-Marathon Aaron took my parents, Lesley and myself out to Lonestar for my birthday. We split my birthday treat from Lonestar. It was ice cream and a brownie. Thanks Aaron!!!


After the drive home from Champaign, I opened my "Birthday Party in a Box." On the outside there was caution tape wrapped all around it that read, "Warning!! 30th Birthday! Party in Progress!" There was confetti and pop-out streamers glued all over the inside of the flaps. Napkins were glued all over the inside of the box. A balloon and gifts were inside. Confetti took over the living room carpet. It all had 30 written all over everything. Thanks Katrina, Dianna, and Julia!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment