Friday, June 06, 2008

Mama Robin

We have a small tree in our backyard. It is a Maple Tree. In strong winds we still have to put a stake in the ground to keep it from not leaning. This year a mama Robin has decided to put her nest in the middle of it. I've seen the nest there the last couple of weeks, but not until this morning have I seen a Robin in it. I noticed her as I was mowing the grass. I was mowing around the base of the small tree and I notice her as the tree is blowing around me and the nest is right next to my head. I'm glad she didn't get defensive and peck my eyes out. She kept a close eye on me though. I just went out there again to stake down the tree since the winds are high today. She just watched me as I helped her out by making her nest a little more stable. I would take pictures, but I don't want to disturb her if I don't have to. I think I'd rather keep my eyes too, just in case.

No comments: