Thursday, May 08, 2008

Faithful (Attributes of Christ)

Thank You Lord, for holding on to me when I have let go of You in every way.

Hosea 14:7
"Those who dwell under his shadow shall return; They shall be revived like grain, and grow like a vine. Their scent shall be like the wine of Lebanon."

I have a study book I will eventually start doing during my quiet times about being revived. I have had a wrong picture about revival and wanted to search the Bible out and see what God had to say about revival. I have been using my Strong's Concordanance and looking up/studying the word revival in the Bible. In every instance, thus far, something or someone was broken and needed repair. I am one of those someones. There is only One who can do that repairing.

Grain:

  1. Grain doesn't become grain on its own. Someone must do the planting and harvesting. In between the time of planting and harvesting, it must be tended to and taken care of.
  2. Grain starts out as a small seed and then produces fruit.

Vine:

  1. Vines start small and the growth sprouts in every direction producing more fruit.
  2. Vines have certain requirements for growth, such as rain, sun, soil, etc.

Lord, thank You for being faithful to me when I am not faithful to You. Thank You for the work You have done and are doing in my life. You are not finished with me yet, and for that I am thankful.

No comments: