Saturday, October 13, 2007

After the Clouds

After the Clouds
by Betty Purser Patten

After every cloud burst
...rays of sun come shining through,
After every parching drought
...is seen some morning dew.
After every thunder storm
...there is a peaceful calm,
After every bitter cold
...there's felt a springy warm.
After every tear is shed
...a smile soon comes in view,
After friends have loved and gone
...there comes some friends anew.
After some dream that you've had
...has failed and slipped your grasp,
A new dream soon will take its place
...with hope that you can clasp.
After every heartache that
...is shed in tears of grief,
Comes the loving hand of God
...that offers sweet relief.

Today marks the one year anniversary of a very special person's death. I weep for my friend, knowing she is missing her best friend today in more ways than one. He was not only her best friend, but also her brother. I know that after the tears of grief have passed, will come the loving hand of God to offer sweet relief. I'm not saying she will never grieve again, but God's hand will always be there to comfort her. I love ya Kat & know my prayers are with you and the family.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

*HUGZ* thank you, Zelda....:)