We have a robin problem. This particular robin wants to nest in our gazebo. We, however, want to paint the gazebo, screen it up, and enjoy it on a cool summer's night. We have removed the beginning of her nestings around 10 times thus far. Yesterday she was almost halfway done when I removed it once again. I then proceeded to start painting the gazebo. A little after 9am she flew toward the gazebo, but before she took a landing on the ledge she hesitated and flew to the ground. She had nestings in her mouth & started jumping around the gazebo trying to figure me out. She wanted that spot. She continued to do this dance for around 15 minutes. Do you know what it is like to take the home of a bird & watch the mother dance around waiting on you to move? It was quite sad, but all the same she can not have our gazebo as her nesting grounds. She left & I thought she was gone for good. WRONG!
She was back this morning. I brushed her nest out once again & this time I put bricks and wood in the corners where she has been trying to nest. What did mother robin do? She flew from one part of the gazebo to the next trying to figure out how to make her nest in a corner that was now inhabited by wood & bricks. I painted more of the gazebo & once again thought she was gone. Last I saw, she was fighting with a wren on who's house it really was. Little do they know, this is not either of their homes.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment