Isaiah 1:18-20
"'Come now, and let us reason together,' says the Lord, 'Thou your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool. If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land; But if you refuse and rebel, you shall be devoured by the sword'; For the mouth of the Lord has spoken."
I want to concentrate on, "If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land."
God has much for us, but if we don't listen to His Word & obey His voice how can we expect to share in this delight.
Think of it this way, are you more willing out of love & a good heart to give candy to a child throwing a fit in the checkout lane or to one that is standing still by your side obeying everything they have been taught? God is perfect, so there is no making a big scene & Him giving into our whims. He only shares with those who obey. I also think about how much more enjoyable my 4 year olds are when they are doing the things they know to be right. I don't like disciplining and yelling at them. I would much rather be at peace with them & enjoying their company.
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment