Friday, March 23, 2007

Do I Sound Old?

Ok, so I've written about quilting. I also cross-stitch. I like to use my sewing machine for making pillows, blankets, & hopefully soon my own curtains. Today I made grape juice from last falls grapes (I froze them). Now, I'm really considering bird-watching as a hobby. The reason I am thinking about taking up bird-watching is because I enjoy watching wildlife & it is one of the major things I remember about my granny (mom's mom). My grandma use to feed the birds every morning out on her back patio & talk to them. She especially liked the cardinals. I'm thinking of this as I sit at our kitchenette table watching it threaten to rain while birds move about the yard. Right outside the window is our gazebo. I have big plans for that gazebo.

It currently looks like this:

















I'm hoping we can spray wash it tomorrow, husband and weather permitting. I will then paint it. We bought new screens to put in the frames & had to buy 3 new frames. We will also be getting three shades to replace the old dirty rotted ones. The screens that were in the gazebo were also either rotted, had holes, or were missing. The roofing still looks good except for three of them are out of place & one needs nailed back up. I plan on planting rose gardens around it. We want to redo/fix-up the walkway from the patio to the gazebo. There is a half bench in there already. We would like to find a couple chairs to put in there & possibly a table. We both want the gazebo as a sanctuary: a place to rest, a place to read, a place to enjoy the outside without the bugs, a place to dine, a place to have guests. The reason I write about the gazebo is because the side facing the kitchen window (the small window to the left) is where I plan on putting a bird-feeding platform, such as the one pictured when Aaron and I were at the cabin in Missouri. I could watch birds while doing dishes, cooking, or while I am typing in my blog.

No comments: