Concerning Noah, this is my final study and it is a good place to end right before the Thanksgiving holiday.
Genesis 8:20-21
"Then Noah built an altar to the Lord, and took of every clean animal and of every clean bird, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. And the Lord smelled a soothing aroma. Then the Lord said in His heart, 'I will never again curse the ground for man's sake, although the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; nor will I again destroy every living thing as I have done.'"
There are a few things I noted about these verses:
1. God did not demand the altar be built. Noah built it willingly out of the thankfulness of his heart.
2. The altar was the idea of man & God was well pleased.
3. God was so pleased with Noah's act of worship, God said "in His heart He would never again curse the ground for man's sake, although the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth."
4. Noah took of every clean animal and of every clean bird. Noah didn't give God the leftovers or that which was declared unclean.
5. The imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth. Evil doesn't just happen to us. Evil does not spread like a disease from one person to another through influence. Evil is in our hearts from youth. Others can truly bring it out of us, but they can only bring out what is already there.
As we celebrate this Thanksgiving, let us celebrate much. We have much to be thankful for. Let us lift up praises to the True God who has spared mankind time and time again. Let us look to the One who gave us meat to eat in order to ease our labor of the land. Let us willingly offer up our sacrifices of praise and thanksgiving.
Psalm 7:17
"I will praise the Lord according to His righteousness, and will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High."
Psalm 9:2
"I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High."
Psalm 28:7
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him."
Psalm 33:1
"Rejoice in the Lord, O you righteous! For praise from the upright is beautiful."
Psalm 40:3
"He has put a new song in my mouth--Praise to our God; Many will see it and fear, And will trust in the Lord."
Psalm 43:4
"Then I will go to the altar of God, To God my exceeding joy; And on the harp I will praise You, O God, my God."
Psalm 48:10
"According to Your name, O God, So is Your praise to the ends of the earth; Your right hand is full of righteousness."
Psalm 51:15
"O Lord, open my lips, And my mouth shall show forth Your praise."
Psalm 52:9
"I will praise You forever, Because You have done it; And in the presence of Your saints I will wait on Your name, for it is good."
Psalm 54:6
"I will freely sacrifice to You; I will praise Your name, O Lord, for it is good."
Psalm 63:3
"Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips shall praise You."
Psalm 71:6
"By You I have been upheld from birth; You are He who took me out of my mother's womb. My praise shall continually be of You."
Psalm 106:2
"Who can utter the mighty acts of the Lord? Who can declare all His praise?"
Psalm 118:28
"You are my God, and I will praise You; You are my God, I will exalt You."
AND LET THE PRAISES CONTINUE!
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment