Friday, September 29, 2006

Other things...

Wednesday night I went to the first women's Bible study at our new church. I almost chickened out, but am glad I did not. We are doing the workbook, "Jesus, the One and Only" by Beth Moore. I did not have to pay for the book because it just happens I already had it. My friend Katrina and I had started the study a long while back and didn't get very far.

Small group is going well. I am growing very fond of the Kruppa Small Gruppa.

I went Monday and picked up an application for Manpower. I will be turning it in this coming Monday. I am hesitant about getting back into office work again, but with my background and no diploma this is the easiest route.

Aaron's parents will be visiting us the last week of October. I am excited! I have plans for his mom and I to plant my spring flower gardens. Yellow daffodils and Grape Hyacinth will be planted in these two areas.














I may also plant yellow daffodils in this area where there are also mums (are these mums?) currently. That way there are spring and fall flowers on the walking path on the side of the house. I plan to plant more mums, if that is what they are, next year.














In front of the house, I plan to plant assorted colors of Alluim. They will go to the right and maybe the left of the bush I plan on cutting back. It seems to have taken over the front area.














Does anybody know anything about when to plant Peonies? I want to put a bush where the Charlie Brown Christmas tree sits. I have also thought about maybe doing Blueberries there.














Well, I am hungry. Time for breakfast or is it lunch at 1pm? Either way, it is Apple Cinnamon oatmeal.

4 comments:

Kim said...

So, when you are done gardening in the cold and frozen north (hee hee) I think you should come fix my yard up all nice and pretty. Oh, I can't afford to buy anything or pay you, but hey, I accept free help. HA

It took me YEARS before I even touched the yard... I have a "black thumb" and so hesitate to do much. Just this year, after 21 years of marriage I decided that weeding isn't that bad... if you can keep up with the weeds.
Happy Home Making,
Kim

Erica said...

Yeah, I gave up on vegetable gardens I think. We just don't eat enough vegetables for all that work. I think I am sticking to flowers. I do eat a lot of fruit though and we already have a grapevine on the back fence. I'm thinking of doing blueberries. I love them and they are pricey.

Rachel Pierson said...

Yup, those look like mums...very pretty and it will look great with even more next year. I like the way you think, flower-wise.

Blue berries: Glen put in a little patch, and we watched and watched as the berries got bigger and bigger and just as they turned blue... poof! They were gone gone gone, just like that!

Gardening. Glen and I are such persistent failures! Wanna be MacGregors! Ah well, we keep saying that next year, we are not putting in, but we always do, and grow the best weeds (rampant vegitation was what the citation said) in the neighb. We did eat asparigus this year, which was yummy.

Love your pictures, Erica. Glad to hear about your small group and women's Bible study.

Rachel

Erica said...

Did the birds get the blueberries?

Thank you for your encouraging words. I do need to talk to him. It is a hard thing, as I'm sure you do know. I miss our walks.

I guess I am commenting from my other blog. :)