Envy and jealousy are a weird thing. In with the weird things, lets add uncontentment. Aren't we uncontent when we are envious and jealous? My sister Becky called me a couple night telling me about her and my other sister comparing pregnancy symptoms. After the conversation, I began to think of jealousy.
It is so easy to be jealous of her being pregnant, but yet I know it is so easy for her to be jealous of us having a house to live in when they struggle living in an apartment. Where does jealousy lead to? In this case, we both could resent one another instead of love one another. I am happy for her, just as I am sure she is happy for us.
1 Corinthians 13:4b
"Love does not envy."
You can not have both envy and love. If we envy, we have not love.
Friday, August 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment