- Elohim - a name that combines the concept of God with plurality that indicates the Trinity
- Adonai - the One who judges, whose character is the ultimate standard
- El Shaddai - the Almighty One whose power we come to know
I've been forever reading through the Bible, approximately around 5 years, and am just now in Ezekiel Chapter 38. Nope, I'm not even in the New Testament.
Ezekiel 38:23
"Thus I will magnify Myself and sanctify Myself, and I will be known in the eyes of many nations. Then they shall know that I am the Lord."
In this chapter, and many others in Ezekiel and throughout the rest of the Bible, God makes Himself known as Adonai & El Shaddai. He judged a people and made His power known to the people of Gog.
vs. 21-22 - "I will call for a sword against Gog throughout all My mountains," says the Lord God. "Every man's sword will be against his brother. And I will bring him to judgment with pestilence and bloodshed; I will rain down on him, on his troops, and on the many peoples who are with him, flooding rain, great hailstones, fire, and brimstone."
Ezekiel is prophesying that Gog will go against the nation of Israel, when it is again inhabited. The nation of Israel will feel at peace and have no walls to protect them. Gog will attack Israel unaware with a mighty army. God will make His judgment known when Gog is destroyed. In this, Gog will have no doubt of El Shaddai.
No comments:
Post a Comment