I was running tonight on Clear Creek Trail and on my cool down I noticed a memoir I have never noticed before. On this memoir it states the guys name and then underneath it is written, "A good man who affected the lives of others."
My first thought was of Christ and His words:
Matthew 19:17
"So He said to him, 'Why do you call me good? No one is good but one, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.'"
Man can do good things, but we are not good. There is a difference. I can fix dinner for my husband, which is a good thing. However, at the root of my humanness is sin. I am not good. I'm sure that the man this memoir was dedicated to was also not good.
My second thought was of Christ and how many lives He has affected. Instead of a memoir stating, "who affected the lives of others," Christ's would have to say, "who affected the lives of billions." However, Christ isn't dead so there is no memoir.
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment