I desire to be a prayer warrior, but I lack so much.
I lack:
1. perseverance
2. dedication
3. faithfulness
4. strength
5. willing mind
6. discipline
and the list goes on....
So often I say, "I'm praying for such and such." Am I really praying? I may pray once, if I'm lucky twice. It hardly ever exceeds three times. How many times in the Bible are we told to persevere in prayer? Is there a point where we are to stop praying and just trust God? To answer the last question, I have come to a conclusion from personal experience.
If it is still on my mind, then I am not trusting God. I have not left it in His hands and therefore I must persevere in praying for the matter. There are times when God wants us to bring matters before Him and He will bring the matter to mind/heart to pray for. In either case, we are to persevere in prayer.
Romans 12:9-13
"Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, CONTINUING STEADFASTLY IN PRAYER; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality."
Lord, you know the prayer requests I have. I lift up my friend's brother Ereling. Be with him. Comfort him during difficult times. Touch his pain and heal him. Draw him to You and may Your will be done in his life. Be with Katrina and the rest of the family as they support Ereling in his walk of cancer. May You be ever present in their time of need.
Lord, I lift up my Aunt Nancy. Draw her to You. Touch her MS and give her comfort. Give her the strength she needs to endure. Be with Zannah as she helps to take care of the family while her mom is in the hospital. Be with the kids and help them to pitch in and be kind to one another. Be with Ed as he helps to take care of his wife and carries this burden on his shoulders. May You be his strength and may they feel Your presence.
Lord, You know of other prayer requests I have had on my heart. You are in each and every situation. You know our hearts, our cries, our prayers, our desires. In all situations may Your will be done and help us to accept Your will with all grace.
Amen.
Friday, June 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment