
This little inchworm is doing much damage to my broccoli. You wouldn't think he/she would eat so much. I found out that I can use Bacillus thuringiensis which messes up their guts and starves them to death. I've always been kind of fond of the inchworm though. It sounds like an inhumane way of killing a worm.
Inchworms are a good source of iron, copper, zinc, thiamin, vitamin B, and riboflavin. Just by eating 100 grams of cooked insect you receive 100% of your daily requirements of each of these minerals. The smoother the caterpillar the better tasting they are.
Well, I couldn't find any other use for an inchworm and I don't think I'm going to take up eating them. I just may have to starve them to death. :(
If you are ever on a deserted island or lost in the woods, eat caterpillars. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment