My heart cries out for the neighbor kids. Right now the cops are over there again after a major fight. What made me aware of the situation was glass being thrown out the door at one of the kids and the kid yelling curse words with a temper. My heart cries.
What do you do? The cops can stop the violence temporarily, but they can't change the hearts eternally. I once lived in a neighborhood where the scene outside was familiar. It is weird because the kid lashing out in violence doesn't faze me. I feel pain for the child that has all that anger build up inside because of his home life. I never threw a glass bottle. My hatred was portrayed through throwing a shoe. My home life was not violent. I just had a lot of build up from the divorce and other things. As I look back it is hard to see exactly when the violence left my heart and the house. It was definitely Christ at work not only in my life, but my mom and sister's life. When you understand another heart, the heart cries more than it normally would.
My remaining question though is, "What can be done?" Who will reach out to them? How do you reach out to them? Who has the heart to reach out to them? Who is brave enough to overcome their fears and stop questioning what the neighbors will think and just reach out? It is a hard thing.
Sunday, June 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment