Who holds the future? God does!!! Why must I continually forget that?
Who is in control? God is!!! Why must I continually forget that?
What am I but a grain of sand on the beach when compared to God. How dare I think that my "good" actions can gain God's love, mercy and grace? How dare I think that my "bad" actions can turn God against me? God is God in His own being. He turns the tide and controls the wind of the air. How dare I forget?
I am but man that has once again been put in my place. He is God alone who shall be exalted to the most highest of places. I choose to put my trust in Him once again and place Him in His rightful place.
Thank You Lord for continually loving me, for continually guiding me, and for never giving up on me most of all. I am Your handiwork and I choose to be placed on the Potter's wheel once again. Mold me into the godly woman You would have me to be. I am Yours and Yours alone. I love You Lord, my Maker, my Creator. Amen.
Thursday, May 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear Erica,
This reminds me of the Jews who went with Nehemiah to Jerusalem to rebuild the walls. When Nehemiah went away for a short period of time, they forgot their vows and everything the Lord had done for them and went right back to the ways of the nations around them.
Even more: When the Israelites were led out of Egypt and the came to the sea, Moses went up the mountain, they ran out of water, or desired meat, they forgot the providence, protection, and redemption of the Lord God.
When we read these stories, we tend to say, "How could they forget?!" But look at us, we do that everyday. God is good and gracious and merciful, though. Sometimes painfully and sometimes gently He puts circumstances and people in our lives to reign us in or correct us or to bring us to repentance. He is a great and mighty God!
Love,
Rachel
Post a Comment